Recipe for kale and brown rice (without the pig fat).
1) Separate kale from stems. Chop leaves coarsely. (Save stems to make vegetable stock.) Rinse, drain, and set aside.
2) Rinse 1cup brown rice. Drain.
3) Heat 1 tsp oil in soup pot. Add rice when hot. Stir constantly until fragrant.
4) Add 1 cup vegetable stock, 1 1/2 cups water. Add 1 strip kombu. Bring to a boil.Cover, remove from heat. Let rest for 5 minutes.
5) Return to low heat, covered. Cook for 45 minutes or until all water/stock is absorbed. Remove and discard kombu (or save for vegetable stock). Fluff. Set aside.
1)Place chopped kale and 1 cup vegetable stock in soup pot. Bring to boi, reduce heat to simmer. Cook for 5-10 minutes, depending upon desired tenderness and color. (Can be done while rice is cooking to save time.)
2) Strain stock from kale. (Save the stock!)
3) Toss with 1/4 cup red beans, 1- 2 TBSP Balsalmic vinegar, and, to taste: hot sauce, sea salt, fresh cracked black pepper. Serve over the rice.
Make extraordinary homemade wines from everything BUT grapes! Exotic wines, honey meads, spicy metheglins, and fruity melomels — there’s no end to the list of delicious elixirs you can make using ingredients from your local market and even your own backyard. In Making Wild Wines & Meads, you’ll find easy, step-by-step winemaking instructions plus unforgettable recipes, including Apricot Wine, Dry Mead, Marigold Wine, Almond Wine, Cherry Melomel, Cranberry Claret, Pea Pod Wine, Lemon-Thyme Metheglin, Strawberry Wine, and Rose Hip Melomel.
The timeless French White bakeware collection with its crisp white fluted design is right at home for casual everyday dinners or hosting family and friends during the holidays. This collection is lovely enough to serve with and trustworthy enough to bake with everyday. Includes 4 each10-1/2-Inch Dinner Plates, 8-Inch Salad Plates, 6-Inch Noodle Bowls, 12-ounce Mugs
Glass and plastic lids make cooking, serving, and storing easy and convenient
Durable stoneware material designed for use in oven, microwave, refrigerator, and freezer
Non-porous surface does not absorb food odors, flavors, or stains