No canned pumpkin puree for us, we used to real thing.
Pumpkin Bread Recipe:
* 3/4 cup Splenda sugar substitute
* 1/2 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
* 1 cup cooked pumpkin, mashed
* 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
* 1/2 cup oil
* 2 eggs
* 1/4 cup water
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 2 teaspoon baking powder
* 1 teaspoon ground Jamaican allspice
* 1/2 teaspoon ground Garam Masala
* 1/2 teaspoon ground clove
* A touch of low sodium type salt
* 1/4 cup walnuts (optional)
* 1/4 cup currants (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F Spray standard size loaf pan with cooking spray.
2. Combine sugars, pumpkin, oil, vanilla extract, water, and eggs.
3. Sift together dry ingredients. Slowly add to pumpkin mixture and mix well.
4. Pour into prepared baking dish.
5. Bake at 350°F for between 1 hour and 1 hour 15 minutes.
Note: I used all Splenda sugars, but I think I should have used half regular sugar/half Splenda. The fake sugar taste is kind of noticeable 🙁
My next batch may still have currants, but I’ll probably skip the nuts.
Note 2: To make your own mashed pumpkin, it’s easy! Cut a small baking/pie pumpkin. Remove the seeds (roast them later yum!) and clean out the pulp. Cut into chunks, peel. Boil until tender. Drain, mash, done!